The School of Environment, Arts and Society (SEAS) brings together the natural sciences, social sciences and humanities to confront environmental challenges and train students to become innovative leaders of the 21st century.
We unite faculty and students across disciplines to foster the sustainability of the planet through inspirational teaching, stimulating creative works, groundbreaking research and global community engagement.
Our academic departments offer a wide range of experiences, from exploring and observing ecosystems to analyzing the complexities of art and culture. The Liberal Studies Program empowers students to create their own major to match their goals.
Centers & Institutes
Centers and institutes are research powerhouses, allowing faculty and students from across CASE and the university to work together.
- Center for Aquatic Chemistry and the Environment
- Center for Coastal Oceans Research
- Center for the Humanities in an Urban Environment
- Institute of Water and Environment
- International Center for Tropical Botany
- Sea Level Solutions Center
- Southeast Environmental Research Center
- Tropical Conservation Institute