From policies and procedures, to all the information you need for curriculum, research, governance, finance, appointments, and technological assistance, we have you covered.
Procedures & Policies
- Community Relations, Protocol, and Special Events (FIU)
- Event Protocol Workshop (FIU)
- Office of the President - Event Request Form
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Personnel Policiesxxxx (FIU) - information concerning academic titles, BOT-UFF policies, courtesy appointments, emeritus faculty, outside employment, faculty joint appointment, faculty position recruitment, faculty travel, student assessment of teaching, teaching qualifications, and verification of credentials
- Awards - link to page in Opps herexxxx
- Faculty Differential Assignment Policy (CASE)
- Foreign Credential Evaluations Guidelines (FIU)
- Graduate Faculty Policies (FIU)
- Guidelines for MOUs (CASE)
- Overload and Adjunct Pay Policy (CASE)
- Secondary Faculty Appointments Policy (CASE)
- Tenure and Promotion
- Tenure and Promotion Deadlines
- Tenure and Promotion Forms (CASE)
- Undergraduate and Graduate Program Directors Compensation Policy (CASE)
- Office of Finance & Administration
- CASE Course Buyout Policy
- Indirect Return Policy
- Proposal Submission Policies
- Tuition and Fee Charges on Sponsored Project Budgets
- CASE Core Facility Policy
- FIU Recharge Facility Operating Procedures
- CASE Core Facilities Annual Report
- FIU Internal Proposal Budget Sheet
- Distribution of Student Comments in Teaching Evaluations (CASE)
- Graduate TA Supervision by Facultyxxxx
- Graduating Graduate Student Assessment
- Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (FIU)
- Student Code of Conduct (FIU)
As educators, the curricular process is vital to ensure the highest quality of teaching that embodies a standard of excellence across every classroom experience. The Curriculum Committee overseesxxxx curricular requests.
FIU Online Resources include pedagogical and technological tools as well as training for online professors to make curricula accessible, engaging and effective.
The process of a course proposal, approval and implementation take about 2-3 business weeks. In the request form, be sure to include your department chair's email in the Supervisor Email space, so that they can get a copy of the request.
- Faculty submits online course proposal
- CASE conducts enrollment analysis
- CASE conducts pedagogical assessment
- FIU Online assigns Instructional Designer (ID)
- Faculty and ID Designer design course shell and content
If you have any questions, please contact Wendy Sanchez in the CASE Office of the Dean.
Online Teaching Training and Standards
Want to be up-to-date with the best modes of online teaching?
Are your courses meeting Quality Matters (QM) standards?
CASE Research Development Office
The CASE Research Development Office works with investigators and scholars, providing support for transdisciplinary collaborations, opportunity identification, team formation and proposal development.
FIU Office of Research and Economic Development
The university's Office of Research and Economic Development can assist faculty through any process of their research. The Researcher’s Timeline has typical milestones in the funding process, from the initial steps of the project to its finalization, and demonstrates which group ORED is best equipped to help.
Media & Advancement
Reaching out to our community, fellow researchers and potential supporters is essential to continue making a difference through our scholarship and service.
For questions regarding media, contact the External Relations teamxxxx.
For advancement needs, contact the Advancement teamxxxx.